Living the Lifestyle

Monday, April 09, 2007

Someone on the DD_Forum (a loving and supportive place to discuss all things spanking, if you don’t already know it!), remarked with some frustration on the difficulty of finding a place that talks about the lifestyle without disclaimer after disclaimer.

Part of the problem is that this lifestyle is a disclaimer! There’s no one right way in any relationship. No right way to kiss, no right way to cuddle, no right way to hug, no right way to have sex.

This lifestyle is truly a search for your right way. And if you’re in a relationship, there’s lots of tug and tears and laughs until the two of you find the way that works best for the two of you.

We’re—all of us—different. We have different emotional histories and different emotional needs. We have different emotional desires, too.

Some desire the intimate, emotional play of power exchange; some crave the feeling of being out of control for a relief from being in charge of so much else; some want the fun play, the sex play, and the light-hearted play.

What kind of relationship do you prefer? Or what sort of mixture?

9 Comments:

Thanks for the comment Nattie! I love you blog. Great content!! I'm going to blogroll you!

Huggs
Theresa

By Blogger Theresa, at  

Hello Nattie. Thanks for stopping by to say hello at Honestly Speaking. I see you linked me. Thank you! You'll find links to your site on mine also. *smiles* I was fascinated by your site since you have your writing for sale here. I loved seeing that. I'm starting to write professionally also and at some point would like a design similar to yours.

As to your questions...? My relationship with my Husband used to be D/s. It is now kink only, without power exchange. I have another monogamous poly relationship that is D/s. I'm content. *smiles*

By Blogger Greenwoman, at  

Thanks, Theresa! Glad to see you stop by!

Hi greenwoman! Thanks for linking me! Mostly I just have links; most of my stuff is for sale at Bethany's Woodshed or Discipline and Desire. I think DD is looking for writers; they have their guidelines on their site! Good luck!

And about your answers, that's my point! Everyone has to find what makes them happy. That's the most important, isn't it?

By Blogger storynattie, at  

Geez, Nattie, I'd pick "all of the above" ! LOL we just bounce around between them all...

Huggs,
reesa

By Blogger Reesa Roberts, at  

LOL, Reesa! Okay, see, now ... come to think of it, that's the "best" way to do it!

Why limit the fun??
Hugs back!
nattie :-)

By Blogger storynattie, at  

Hey Nattie,
You hit the nail on the head. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to do any of this. What works between you and your partner is 'right' ... for you. Wha doesn't get you all hot and bothered and just want to have intense intimacy with each other is probably 'wrong' ... for you!

Everyone else needs to find their own way; their own right and wrong. And stop worrying so much about everyone else!

Hugs,
Dave

By Blogger CindysDave, at  

Me? Stop worrying?

ROFLMAO! ;-) Thanks for stopping by, Dave!

By Blogger storynattie, at  

cool site! well, i wish i had more experience in r/l to discuss all these intriguing issues..*sighs...*

someday....

keep up the great work and writing !!
Dave
"The Cherry Red Report"

By Blogger Dave, at  

Girl, are you ever going to post another article here? LOL come on, now, us spankos live to read!

Huggs,
Reesa

By Blogger Reesa Roberts, at  

Post a Comment

Due to the erotic nature of my stories, please go here if you are under legal age.