Okay. Let's Play Stereotype.

Monday, September 01, 2008

I used to love Social Studies, and wish they had social studies for grown-ups. They would stereotype, (Germans are punctual, Italian men love their mothers, etc.) but you could take away a bit more understanding than a strictly factual history of a country.

I know, I know, it was only a few blog posts ago when I practically went off my rocker because someone dared suggest that submissives have low self-esteem.

So let's pretend this is a Social Studies class and we're studying submissives.

What I find funny is that so many submissives I know are pretty anti-establishment. Quite a few have "authority issues" in their "public" life. Some of them reject any religion that hints of patriarchy, or even any religion that has a male God. (A significant number are precisely the opposite, though.)

And as we reject the "normal" life and the "establishment," we're very independent.

But then when it comes to the people we respect and/or care about? We can go internally nuts worrying about their opinion of us. We're almost too sensitive, too influencable.

Maybe that brings us around to why we reject so much authority. If we didn't reject it, we'd be a mess trying to please everyone.

For me, life is easier with only my Mister Sir to please. He looks out for me, I look out for him. It works, I guess, balances out my people-pleasing tendencies.

I really don't know, just musing on a lazy afternoon, LOL. Usually with stereotypes there are more exceptions than rule. Any thoughts? What do you think? Do you see any trends? Any different trends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the erotic nature of my stories, please go here if you are under legal age.